Thursday, April 30, 2009

How can I crochet a 5 petal flower into a granny square?

I made a few lotus flowers with 5 petals and would like to make them into a border for a purse I am making and I'm trying to figure out how to strand them together into the purse. Should I make it into a granny square or is there another way I can strand them together?

How can I crochet a 5 petal flower into a granny square?
Here are a few patterns. You can crochet your rose and add a chain row after words connected in the center of each rose.





After you have that row then work your square by chaning three and working two dc.ch 2.then work 3 cd in first connecting chain loop, then work 3 dc, ch 2, 3 cd, ch 1 in the rest of the loops.





This will give you a five sided square but you can sew or slip them together and they will create a very pretty and uique aphgan. You just stager the end. Give it a try with a few squares and see what ya think.





Happy Stitching
Reply:I checked several sites and the most of them show the flowers being sewn on top of the granny square. You can do it that way or sew a couple of the petals together and then fasten them to the purse.


No comments:

Post a Comment