Oh my, anytime something happens that causes you concern about your baby, call the animal hospital e.r. If your baby is as sweet as my shih tzu, you must do everything you can to keep him/her healthy. What is your babies name?
My dog, 10lb Shih Tzu, just ate a petal off of a Hibiscus flower, is it poisonous?
NO IT'S NOT HE WILL BE OK BUT I WOULD PUT THIS FLOWER OUT OF HIS REACH
Reply:no, he's should be fine!
Reply:NO, I LOOKED IT UP. HE SHOULD BE FINE.
Reply:No. Its not poisonous.
Reply:Reasearched this online: I would call the vet ASAP
plants like the hibiscus and those in the Easter lily family, which are not toxic to
people, may be very harmful to pets. Two or three days after cats have eaten a few leaves
of a Tiger lily or Easter lily, they will go into renal failure. After ingesting hibiscus, a dog will
vomit persistently, may vomit blood and have bloody diarrhea. "The loss of body fluid may
be severe enough to be lethal in some cases," Dr. Buck cautions.
Reply:I don't know to be honest, but if I had any doubt at all I would call my vet just to be sure. I would never forgive myself if something happened to my dogs and I had some concerns that I didn't check out.
My vet has a free advice line just for these kinds of things.
At the very least monitor your dog to make sure there are no symptoms.
Reply:theres a list of poisounous stuff, and under house plants hibiscus is there, but not sure of the effects